Friday, January 16, 2009

Checklist

Things moved pretty quickly.  Visa is done, they are overnighting it back tonight.  The credentials are all faxed in.  Ticket is booked.

Yay.  Looks like a go.

I have my bags mostly packed.  Went crazy at REI with travel clothing.  Bought lightweight fast drying underwear/tshirts, (can you just see me in Spandex??!!) which if I washed them every night, should get by with 3 sets for the 2 weeks.  I would be wearing scrubs for the most part, so shouldn't need much else, just buy something there if I run out.  There was a pair of pants with "Insect Shield", excited to see if it really works.

So far, I've been able to fit the Canon 1D MkIII with 3 lens, and 17" MacBookPro into the carry ons, and keep them under 10 kg each.   (Drat, my portable injet will have to stay home.)  I may have to bring my 5D instead if I go over the weight limit.  Hmm, wonder if I should get the MacBook Air, since I'm going to be doing this a lot.  Just found out they make 32 Gigabyte cards for the camera, ordered 2 from Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment