Friday, January 30, 2009

Preop screening


Screened about 400 kids for surgery in the hospital that the government renovated for our mission.  There is massive support for this project from every direction, and we are surrounded by superstars, both local and foreign.  I can't even start to describe the talent we have here.  My interpreter is this drop dead gorgeous goddéss who humbly introduces herself as a clinical psychologist.  I found out later that she is the weekend news anchor on television who has worked on several documentaries.  Pictures to follow as soon as I get some good ones.  (She made me delete the ones I took of her because "I can do better than that".)  The Operation Smile India team is turning out to be world class, I don't know how to even begin to describe them, but, wow, just wow.  Took 3000+ pictures, deleted 2500, and we haven't even started surgery yet.  I'll work on a slideshow for here from picasa as soon as i find out how to work it.




Cindy McCain had to cancel at the last minute, but her film crew came.  These guys are going to Cambodia next to film a segment on land mines.  They travel all over the world filming humanitarian subjects.  Between trips, they are professional stunt men for hundreds of movies.  I have started the application process to be their groupie. 

The security guards around the hospital pretend to look surprised when I inquire into the rhino problem.  I catch them exchanging glances when they thought I wasn't looking.  Will go undercover when I finish preparing mock code scenerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment